Chartered Director (SA)
Chartered Director (SA) - is designed to enhance directorship as a profession and further promote sound corporate governance in South Africa. The CD(SA) will assess and credit the mastery of directors while enhancing the skills of directors in South Africa.
How do I become a CD(SA)?
The process of becoming a Chartered Director (SA) is an assessment process. The summary of this process is set out in the infographic"How to become a CD(SA)". Details of the process are contained in the CD(SA) Handbook.
Both documents are available for download in the document library at the bottom of this page.
In short the CD(SA) assessment process entails the following steps:
- Apply online to register for the CD(SA) assessment process
- Complete the 3 part assessment:
- Portfolio of Qualifications and Experience (PQE) - prepare and submit a portfolio of evidence of competence against each of the 20 competencies contained in the IoDSA Director Competency Framework.
- Examination - successfully write the 4-hour, open book CD(SA) Exam.
- Peer Review - successfully complete the 45 minutes interview with a panel of CD(SA)s.
Once you have successfully completed the 3 part assessment process, the IoDSA Certification committee may recommend the candidate to the IoDSA Board. All aspects, including the reputational risk the candidate holds, are considerable in this assessment process. The IoDSA Board is the final authority for awarding the designation.
How long does it take to complete the CD(SA) Assessment?
A candidate that successfully completes all 3 parts of the assessment can complete the process within 6 months.
In 2019, there are 3intakes for CD(SA):
- Intake 1: Registration closes on Monday, 3 December 2018
- Intake 2: Registration closes on Monday, 11 March 2019
- Intake 3: Registration closes on Monday, 10 June 2019
The full set of dates are outlined in the CD(SA) Assessment Calendar 2019 - see bottom of this page.
How much does it cost to complete the CD(SA) Assessment?
The cost of the CD(SA) assessment process for 2019 is R 16,434.79 (excl. VAT).
However, the individuals pays this amount in 3 tranches:
- Registration fee (paid before registering to apply) - R2,260.87 (excl.VAT)
- Assessment Fee (PQE) (paid after submitting the PQE) - R7,086.96 (excl. VAT)
- Assessment Fee (Exam / Peer Review) (paid before writing the CD(SA) Exam) - R7,086,96 (excl. VAT)
For more information about the CD(SA) - click here