Chartered Director (SA) is a professional designation conferred by the Institute of Directors in Southern Africa (IoDSA) to individuals who have demonstrated proficiency to serve as directors. CD(SA) is a sought-after and highly prestigious certification, awarded through a rigorous assessment process.
This esteemed designation is a commitment to deliberate career path building, the recognition of excellence, and ethical leadership in all spheres of business in South Africa.
CD(SA) is a career-enhancing designation for better directors, better boards and better business.
Why should you apply for Chartered Director (SA)?
- Elevate your career to the highest level
- Demonstrate mastery of knowledge, skills and experience as a director
- Show your commitment to on-going professional development
- Demonstrate your integrity and commitment to moral and legal duties
- Uphold standards of sound governance in South Africa
What do you need to qualify for Chartered Director (SA)?
- Full IoDSA membership
- At least 30 years of age
- Recommendation by a proposer and seconder respectively
- An NQF 7 qualification or equivalent
- At least 3 years practising as a company director on a board of an organisation of substance
How can you apply?
The process of qualifying as a CD(SA) is broken down into two phases:
Phase 1: Registration
1.Complete the online application which includes the details of your qualifications, directorship experience and nomination documents
2.Pay your application fee and submit proof of payment and relevant documents
Phase 2: Assessment
1. Submit a Portfolio of qualifications and experience (PQE)
2.Write the CD(SA) exam
Complete the peer review interview