Chartered Director (SA) is a professional designation conferred by the Institute of Directors in Southern Africa (IoDSA) to individuals who have demonstrated proficiency to serve as directors. CD(SA) is a sought-after and highly prestigious certification, awarded through a rigorous assessment process.
This esteemed designation is a commitment to deliberate career path building, the recognition of excellence, and ethical leadership in all spheres of business in South Africa.
CD(SA) is a career-enhancing designation for better directors, better boards and better business.
Why should you apply for Chartered Director (SA)?
- Elevate your career to the highest level
- Demonstrate mastery of knowledge, skills, and experience as a director
- Show your commitment to on-going professional development
- Demonstrate your integrity and commitment to moral and legal duties
- Uphold standards of sound governance in South Africa
What do you need to qualify for Chartered Director (SA)?
- Full IoDSA membership
- At least 30 years of age
- Recommendation by a proposer and seconder respectively
- An NQF 7 qualification or equivalent
- At least 3 years practising as a company director on a board of an organisation of substance
How can you apply?
The process of qualifying as a CD(SA) is broken down into two phases:
Phase 1: Registration
1. Complete the online application which includes the details of your qualifications, directorship
experience, and nomination documents
2. Pay your application fee and submit proof of payment and relevant documents
Phase 2: Assessment
1. Submit a Portfolio of qualifications and experience (PQE)
2. Write the CD(SA) exam
3. Complete the peer review interview