Any Open Director Development (“DD”) programme attended by a Delegate at the IoDSA will be governed by these booking Standard T&Cs.
- Any queries on Open DD programmes can be made to Open DD Team via email@example.com.
- All bookings for Open DD programmes hosted by IoDSA must be done by completing and submitting the online registration/booking form for that specific programme via the IoDSA website (www.iodsa.co.za) under “Director Development” or the “IoDSA Calendar” tabs.
- In order to proceed to make a booking online, the Delegate will be required to login into his/her IoDSA Member Profile or IoDSA Alumni Profile Account. Delegates should ensure not to create duplicate profiles as it may result in potential discounts not being applied.
- In the event that a Member has booked on a Member rate and his/her membership has been suspended for non-payment of member fees, the Member will not be eligible to receive the discounted rate unless all membership fees due are fully settled.
- If the Delegate is not a subscription paying Member, he/she will be required to create an IoDSA Alumni Member profile account when registering for an Open DD programme for the first time, this account can then be used for all future bookings by the Delegate.
- The IoDSA Alumni Member profiles are required to ensure that the IoDSA has accurate and up to date Delegate information for issuing of attendance certificates, training attendance history and statistical purposes. By creating an IoDSA Alumni Member profile account, the Delegate agrees to receive relevant 9 IoDSA Communication around IoDSA services, events and governance related information. The Delegate may unsubscribe from such communications at any time. All personal information shall be collected, processed and stored in accordance with Clause 19 below.
- Upon submission of the booking form and online acceptance of the booking terms and conditions (and these Standard T&C’s), a Service Fee invoice will be automatically generated and sent to the Delegate electronically via the online portal for payment. The Delegate should ensure that their contact and billing information is accurate and updated when necessary.
- Bookings are considered tentative until the Services Fee is paid.
- A booking does not guarantee right to entry to the Open DD programme until the Service Fee has been paid (or a Purchase Order has been submitted to the IoDSA guarantying payment). Once the Service Fee has been paid or a Purchase Order submitted, a booking confirmation will be sent to the Delegate.
- Payment of the Service Fee invoiced (or the submission of a Purchase Order) must be made within 14 (fourteen) calendar days of booking, failure of which will result in the booking automatically being cancelled on behalf of the Delegate. The Delegate will be notified of the cancellation of the booking.
- In the event of a booking being done within 10 (ten) business days of the scheduled Open DD programme, the Service Fee must be paid within 24 (twenty four) hours of the booking request in order for the booking to be confirmed.
- The Service Fee is payable in full. If the Delegate fails to make full payment within the specified time frames above, the IoDSA reserves the right to further cancel or suspend the Delegate’s membership in the event of the account being overdue.
- A Delegate may cancel or postpone attending a booked Open DD programme to a future scheduled Open DD programme date on the following conditions.
13.1 A cancellation or postponement will be allowed if the Delegate has notified the IoDSA in writing at least 10 (ten) business days prior to the commencement of the scheduled Open DD programme.
13.2 A cancellation or postponement is only valid and in effect upon written acknowledgement and confirmation of cancellation or postponement from the IoDSA, in which instance the paid amount will be credited to the Delegate for attendance on another Open DD programme date. Refunds will not be made.
13.2 In the event that a Delegate does not arrive for the Open DD programme and no written cancellation or postponement has been received by the IoDSA, the full Service fee may be forfeited and may not be credited or refunded.The Delegate may provide written reasons to the IoDSA for his/her failure to arrive and the IoDSA may at its sole discretion elect whether the Delegate may reschedule the Open DD programme or if they will forfeit the full Service Fee.
13.3 If the Delegate is unable to attend an Open DD programme for any medical reason whatsoever, the Delegate will not forfeit the Service Fee already paid upon proof of a medical certificate. The IoDSA will thereafter arrange an alternative Open DD programme for the Delegate to attend based on Open DD programme availability.
- A Delegate may send a replacement if he/she cannot attend an Open DD programme, subject to IoDSA being notified of such replacement at least 24 (twenty-four) hours prior to the scheduled Open DD programme and subject to the replacement being bound by these Standard T&Cs. Such request for replacement is only valid and in effect upon written acknowledgement and confirmation of replacement from the IoDSA.
- Notwithstanding that a Delegate may attend as a representative of, or by invitation from any entity, the attending Delegate is bound by all of these Standard T&Cs including, but not limited to the payment provisions.
- Programme details are given in good faith, however the IoDSA reserves the right to change programme content and presenters or to cancel a programme and will notify all registered Delegates accordingly should this occur. The full programme Service Fee will be refunded if the programme is cancelled by the IoDSA.
- All course materials provided for the duration of the Open DD programme are the intellectual property and copyright of the IoDSA, and are provided for the sole use of the Delegate attending the Open DD programme in question. Reproduction, distribution or modification of the course material is strictly prohibited.
- A Certificate of Attendance shall be provided to the Delegate at the end of the day of the specific programme. Should a Delegate misplace his/her Certificate of Attendance and/or requires a copy, a replacement certificate is available from the IoDSA upon written request at no charge. If the Delegate however requires such replacement certificate to be couriered to him/her, associated courier charges will be applicable.
- The IoDSA reserves the right to refuse admission to a Delegate to any Open DD programme. This may be done if the IoDSA has not have received payment for the Delegate’s attendance, or should the Delegate pose a health or safety risk to other delegates or is disruptive to the other delegates in attendance. Delegates must adhere to the house rules set out by the IoDSA Facilitator, IoDSA and provider of the venue and must remain respectful of other individuals at all times for the duration of the Open DD programme.
- Being a Director Package Deal
20.1 The package deal is a 4 (four) day programme consisting of the Being a Director Parts 1-4 programmes.
20.2 The 4 (four) dates allocated for the package deal are non-negotiable, non-alterable and may not be substituted for alternative dates.
20.3 In the event that a Delegate is unable to attend on any of the 4 (four) dates, such Delegate shall forfeit that day’s attendance and no refund or alternatives are available in any manner whatsoever.
20.4 The package deal may be transferable and in the event the Delegate is unable to attend any of the 4 (four) days and wishes to send a replacement, the Delegate must notify the IoDSA in writing at least 24 (twenty four) hours prior the scheduled programme date, with the details of the individual attending in the delegate’s place. Such request for replacement is only valid and in effect upon written acknowlodgement and confirmation of replacement from the IoDSA.
20.5 In order to cancel the Being a Director Package Deal, written cancellation must be given to the IoDSA at least 10 (ten) business days prior to the first scheduled date of the 4 (four) day programme in the package deal. A request for cancellation is only valid and in effect upon the written acknowledgement and confirmation of cancellation from the IoDSA. In which instance, any invoices paid to date will be credited to the Delegate for attendance on another Open DD programme.
20.6 It is the responsibility of the Delegate to ensure that any required written notices are received by the IoDSA within the stipulated time frames.