The job purpose of Multimedia and Content Designer for the Institute of Directors in Southern Africa, is to provide, maintain and enhance the professional level of support and service internally and externally, relating to the delivery of open programmes within the Director Development Workstream, as required within the professional environment of the IoDSA.
Role within the organisation
The reputation and the corporate image of the IoDSA are both factors that you will have direct influence on this. As Multimedia and Content Designer your main role within the organisation will be:
To be responsible for creating design solutions that have a high visual impact. The role involves understanding IoDSA’s needs before making design decisions. Our designs are required for a huge variety of products and activities, such as websites, advertising, books, magazines, posters, product packaging, exhibitions and displays, corporate communications and corporate identity
You will be responsible to create and craft top-level digital designs that have a high visual impact for The IoDSA and its subsidiary brands, products, services and activities. The` candidate will need up-to-date knowledge of industry design and editing software. It is essential that you are an independent thinker with a passion for design and have a thorough understanding of branding, layout, typography and colour for digital applications platforms such website artwork, apps artwork, emailers, banners and all social media platforms and record and edit video’s
You will also need to conceptualise creative concepts, get involved in brainstorming sessions for campaigns, do platform analysis, understand and advise online and offline user experience that will exceed end user needs, and assist with the overall planning of the campaign. You will therefore need to run with the design of a job from concept up to final delivery.
The role involves understanding The IoDSA’s products and services before making design decisions. Designs are required for a huge variety of media channels and activities.
It is important that you can work independently while working according to a brief agreed with the Marketing Manager. You must be able to create unique work where you will display a creative flair, up-to-date knowledge of industry software and have a professional approach to time, costs and deadlines. As you may have more than one design brief at a time, you will need to manage your production schedule according to the deadlines and priority of each job.
The IoDSA will expect of you to be highly creative and imaginative, have good written and interpersonal skills, work well in a team, be able to work under pressure, have an eye for detail, and have an interest in new digital advertising and design trends. You must work systematically and thoroughly to meet daily deadlines
Key responsibilities and duties
Design & layout in line with corporate identity:
- HTML mailers
- Brochures, banners, posters, clothing, business cards, exhibition collateral buttons/ graphics
- Communication templates: email, documents, presentations, E-newsletters and publications
- Advertisements (print, outdoor, online)
- All marketing campaign collateral
- Forum papers: Design, layout, type setting and sourcing pictures, printing.
- Regular QA and updates of brochures and marketing collateral
- Copy Writing Skills
- Control/ QA corporate identity: documents, emails, presentations, etc.
- Regular update of IoDSA image library
- Assist Marketing Manager with coordination of design elements of the Integrated Report
- Coordinate printing of various marketing collateral
- Load press releases and archive accordingly
- Assist with IoDSA’s Directors’ Channel where applicable
- Two years design working experience - digital design is a must
- Working experience in an agency environment is preferred
- Social media design
- Able to work on Windows platform
- Strong conceptualisation abilities
- Great eye for composition, imagery and typography
- Detail orientated
- Expert skills in the full Adobe Suite
- Knowledge of design trends
- Fast, efficient, meticulous
- Ability to deliver great work under tight deadlines
- Excellent organisation and time management skills
- Fluent in English
- Intermediate understanding of HTML code
- Must have software skills; InDesign, Illustrator, Premiere Pro or After Effects and Photoshop
- Keeping abreast of emerging technologies in new media, particularly design programs
- Multi-Media design
- Video production
- Design the look of communication campaigns, which may include a combination of print, digital, web and video media.
- Develop presentations, infographics and materials to convey corporate and executive messaging
- Provide support on the look and feel of internal and external communication digital platforms
- Record, edit, and produce corporate videos for internal platforms and events
- Varied projects relating to executive initiatives
Attitude & Personal Attributes
- Creative thinker with a passion for design
- Deadline driven
- Attention to detail!
- Good writing and communication skills to convey messages with clarity
- Willingness to work overtime and be flexible
- Works well under pressure
- The ability to prioritise and handle multiple tasks at the same time
- High levels of efficiency and speed of execution in design
The ideal candidate would be:
- Mature, self-aware and emotionally intelligent
- Have an exceptional attention to detail & have a high accuracy level
- Handle criticism constructively
- Ability to work well independently or as part of a team- must have team spirit and be positive
- CONSISTENT good behaviour
- Ability to live the IoDSA values:
Ubuntu, Integrity, Professionalism, Efficiency and adding value & Innovation
- Must be able to communicate the status of projects quickly, adapt to changing priorities and follow through on projects independently and in collaboration with others.
- High standard of communication in both verbal and written Business English
- Excellent customer service
- Advanced level of PC literacy and the use of the Microsoft Office Suite
- The ability to self-manage
- High level of co-ordination and event planning skills
- The understanding of the “bigger picture” of the IoDSA and your role within it
- High standard of record keeping and administration
Experience and qualification
- Minimum 3 to 5 years of professional print and multimedia design experience including design support for social media and video editing skills.
- Must have a strong portfolio and proven ability to produce complex
Formal design qualification from reputable institution – AAA school of Advertising / Vega / Red & Yellow College / Boston Media House)
- An understanding of the concept of Corporate Governance
- A good understanding of the IoDSA and how the IoDSA functions and operates
- A good understanding of event planning
- A good understanding of time management
- 3D Max
- Video directing
- The job may require you to work outside your normal office environment and working hours from time to time, within reason. It is your responsibility to satisfy these requirements as asked by the person you report to.
- A vehicle and valid driver’s license is essential for this role.
- As your job may require you to be at the frontline at times and, as the job requires you to act as the face of the IoDSA, it is a requirement and your sole responsibility, to dress in business attire appropriate for the professional environment of the IoDSA.
- Salary R220k – R280k CTC Depending on Experience, Skills & Qualifications
If you are keen to apply for this role please email your CV and application letter to firstname.lastname@example.org for more information contact Martin Tshikambe @ 011 035 3000