Board Appraisal Services Manager
The job purpose of the BAS Manager for the IoDSA is to provide, maintain and enhance the management and performance of the board appraisal services department in line with yearly business plans and objectives. This includes ensuring excellent professional and quality level of customer service is provided to all stakeholders of the BAS department at all times.
The ideal candidate will play a vital role to the organisation as they will be required to use their passion and skills to contribute to the effective management of IoDSA business matters and overall organization well-being, culture and financial performance. The successful person will be seen as the face of the IoDSA, both within and externally, and thus have a direct impact and influence on the reputation and corporate image of the IoDSA – as a result a high level of integrity, accountability, responsibility and professionalism is required as well as buy in to living the IoDSA Values. The IoDSA is a small organization which means the person will be responsible as part of management to ensure that good governance practices are implemented and monitored within their department/team.
- Promote and grow the board appraisal services product offerings
- Create, load and manage board appraisal questionnaires on the applicable survey tool used
- Provide direction, guidance and support to BAS administrators
- Provide effective project management over the BAS department projects as well as the BAS administrators.
- Take full responsibility for the entire sales process from start to finish
- Liaise with BAS clients and determine relevant scope of work/assistance required from the IoDSA
- Oversee the creation and distribution of proposals, service agreements and related correspondence.
- Attend initial client kick start meetings with the IoDSA facilitator, where necessary
- Oversee the management of diaries and appointments for interviews (facilitators and client)
- Compile and manipulate the necessary spreadsheets and data
- Assist with the drafting, review and/or formatting of BAS reports
- Prepare Power Point presentations as required
- Receive and respond to telephone queries regarding BAS
- Record and maintain relevant BAS statistics for reporting purposes.
- Maintain and enhance proper filing and record keeping systems for the BAS department
- Oversee the BAS Administrators, including their performance against set KPIs and personal development plans
- Perform ad hoc, relevant internet based research
- Provide and ensure excellent customer service to all clients, members and internal staff at all times
- Oversee and manage relationships with BAS IoDSA Facilitators
- Oversee, review and ensure high quality of BAS reports/deliverables and ensure that facilitators are providing the necessary quality of information and services required by the BAS department.
- Raise client Invoices for BAS assignments and follow up on payment/debtors
- Perform and monitor BAS budgeting and forecasting
- Prepare monthly management reports on the BAS departments performance
- Implementation of business plans and strategy around BAS Department
- Develop BAS business development plans and ensure its effective implementation thereof.
- Regular review and improvement of internal processes and effective use of technology.
- Attend and participate (through the provision of active input) at Management Committee meetings.
- Ensure and maintain a high telephone etiquette level at all times within the department
- Promote the IoDSA values and ethical culture
- Promote IoDSA and its services to all potential clients / members
- Assist with and attend IoDSA functions as required
Qualifications & Experience
- Project & Time management skills
- Presentation skills
- Computer literacy and MS Office skills
- Conflict resolution skills
- Record keeping & file management
- Financial literacy (recons, invoices, annual budgets, monthly forecasts and manage department’s yearly budget)
- Analytical skills and attention to detail
Perks of joining the IoDSA
- Senior Certificate
- Suitable/Relevant diploma/degree
- Minimum of 7 years administrative and/or management experience in consulting, research and/or project management
- Management experience
- Good understanding of corporate governance
- Good understanding of IoDSA service offerings and purpose.
- Research experience
- Survey tool design, setup and management
- Business & Report writing experience
- Consulting and Advisory experience
- Supportive, fun, and creative environment
- Pension fund
- Lifestyle benefits
- 22 days paid leave
- Study assistance benefits
- Employee wellness benefits
- Snacks and food (of course)
- Attendance of exclusive professional events and conferences
If you are keen to apply for this role please email your CV and application letter to firstname.lastname@example.org,
for more information contact Martin Tshikambe
@ 011 035 3006