- Competence – through attaining the designation, you signal to the market place that you are a competent, professional director
- Confidence – being a CD(SA) provides you with confidence as a director, as well as providing your board and the organisation you serve with an assurance of your ability and competence
- CPD – as CD(SA), you are required to participate in continuing professional development (CPD). This provides your board(s) and the organisations you serve with assurance that your competence is up-to-date and current.
- Code – subscribing to the CD(SA) Code of Conduct provides assurance that you are being held accountable for your practice as a professional director. It also offers you as CD(SA), recourse should you be accused unfairly of misconduct.
- reCognition – the professional designation raises your profile as a professional director and sets you apart amongst your peers.