Registration & Assessment Process
To register for assessment of eligibility as a Certified Director® candidates must meet the following criteria.
- Candidates must be a member of the IoDSA in good standing*;
- Candidates must hold as a minimum a Senior Certificate (NQF 4)*;
- Candidates must have at least 3 years’ senior management or higher experience*; and
- Must have completed the requisite Being a Director - Certified Director training programmes and multiple-choice questions (Click here for more information on these courses)
*As per the IoDSA Certification policy approved 28 November 2019 and applicable to candidates who initiated training after November 2019.
The Certified Director® assessment takes the form of a 3-hour examination that is written at the IoDSA offices in Sandton or at suitable locations on set dates as outlined below. The Certified Director examination fee is set at R6875 (excl. VAT) and registrations for assessments are completed online. On successful application and assessment, eligible candidates are recommended to the Certification Committee.
Completing your online registration
As IoDSA membership in good standing is a pre-requisite of this certification please note that this online application form is only accessible to members. Not yet a member? Click here
Ensure that you have the following documents in digital format before initiating the completion of the online application:
- Certified copy of ID
- Recent CV as evidence of work experience as a senior manager or higher
- Certified copy of highest qualification (at least at the NQF 4 level)
- Letter of Completion as issued by the IoDSA Director Development team as proof of completion of the requisite Being a Director training programmes and multiple choice questions
- Signed Cert.Dir Candidate Declaration
- Signed Code of Conduct
Full information on the designation and documents for download can be found in the Certified Director Handbook and is accessible in the document library below. Once you have all the necessary documents, you are ready to complete the online registration. An invoice will automatically be generated for you once you have registered. Applications will only be processed on receipt of payment of this invoice. Please email proof of payment to firstname.lastname@example.org
To register for assessment please follow the link below for the relevant date:
Tuesday, 23 June 2020
Tuesday, 11 August 2020
Tuesday, 6 October 2020
Have a question or query?
The Director Certification team is available to assist. Simply email email@example.com or call 011 035 3000.