Terms & Conditions
1. All bookings for programmes or events hosted by the Institute of Directors in Southern Africa NPC
(hereafter "IoDSA”) may be done by completing the registration form online at www.iodsa.co.za
2. All bookings are considered confirmed, unless the programme requested is fully booked, upon
which the IoDSA will notify the delegate in writing
3. Upon acceptance of the Terms and Conditions, an invoice will be sent to the delegate
electronically via the online portal.
4. Fees may be paid by credit card online or direct transfer and payment must be received in full by
the IoDSA prior to the commencement of the programme or event.
5. In the event that a delegate does not arrive for the programme or event and no written
cancellation has been received and confirmed by the IoDSA 7 working days prior to the
commencement of the programme or event, the full fee remains payable or will not be
6. Delegates may send a replacement, subject to the delegate and the replacement being bound by
these Terms and Conditions, and the delegate and replacement being jointly and severely liable
for the fee. The IoDSA must be notified for administration purposes prior to the date of the
programme or event.
7. Provided that the delegate has notified the IoDSA 7 working days prior to the commencement of
the programme or event, the delegate shall be entitled to postpone attending the programme or
event to a future date subject to these Terms and Conditions remaining binding and in full force
8. Notwithstanding that a delegate may attend as a representative of, or by invitation from any
entity, the attending delegate is bound by all of these Terms and Conditions including, but
not limited to the payment provision.
9. Programme details are given in good faith, however the IoDSA reserves the right to change
programme or event content and presenters or to cancel a programme or event and will notify all
registered delegates accordingly should this occur. The full programme or event fees will be
refunded if the programme or event is cancelled by the IoDSA.
10. All course materials provided for the duration of the learning programme are the
copyrighted works of the IoDSA, and are provided for the sole use of the delegate
attending the course in question. Reproduction, distribution or modification of the course
material is strictly prohibited.
11. A Certificate of Attendance is available from the IoDSA on request.
12. The IoDSA reserves the right to refuse admission to any programme or event, should the IoDSA
not have received payment for the delegate’s attendance, or should the delegate be suspected of
being a health or safety risk to other delegates and to the facilitator or seen to be a disruption to
the other delegates in attendance. Delegates must adhere to the house rules set out by the
facilitator, IoDSA and provider of the venue and must remain respectful of other individuals at all
times for the duration of the programme or event.
13.1. A dispute concerning these Terms and Conditions exists once a party notifies the others in writing
of the nature of the dispute and requires it to be resolved under this clause.
13.2. Within ten Business Days of notification, the parties must seek an amicable resolution to the
dispute by referring it to designated and authorised representatives of each of the parties to
negotiate and resolve it by the parties signing an agreement resolving it within 15 Business Days.
13.3. If negotiation fails, the parties must refer the dispute for resolution by mediation under the rules of
the Arbitration Foundation of Southern Africa (or its successor or body nominated in writing by it in
its stead) (”AFSA").
13.4. If mediation fails, the parties must refer the dispute within 15 Business Days for resolution by
arbitration (including any appeal against the arbitrator’s decision) by one arbitrator (appointed by
agreement between the parties) as an expedited arbitration in Sandton under the then current
rules for expedited arbitration of AFSA. If the parties cannot agree on any arbitrator within a period
of ten Business Days after the referral, the arbitrator will be appointed by the Secretariat of AFSA.
13.5. The periods for negotiation or mediation may be shortened or lengthened by written agreement
between the parties.
13.6. This clause will not preclude any party from access to an appropriate court of law for interim relief
in respect of urgent matters by way of an interdict, or mandamus pending finalisation of this
dispute resolution process, for which purpose the parties irrevocably submit to the jurisdiction of a
division of the High Court of the Republic of South Africa.
13.7. This clause is a separate, divisible agreement from the rest of these Terms and Conditions and
must remain in effect even if the Agreement terminates, is nullified, or cancelled for any reason or
14. Waiver clause
No variation, addition, deletion or cancellation to these Terms and Conditions, and no waiver of
any right under these Terms and Conditions, shall be of any force or effect unless reduced to
writing and signed by the parties or their duly authorised representatives.
15. Domicilium citandi et executandi
15.1 The Parties choose domicilium citandi et executandi for all purposes arising from or pursuant to
these Terms and Conditions
15.2 The IoDSA: 144 Katherine Street, Sandown, Sandton.
Tel: 011 035 3000 Fax: 011 444 7907