This is the fourth session in the Four Part Leadership Development Programme offered by the IoDSA in partnership with TomorrrowToday. The programme is aimed at equipping directors with knowledge and insights expected of a leader at this highest level within the organisation. Research performed by TomorrowToday indicated that, in response to a world that is increasingly volatile, uncertain, complex and ambiguous (a ‘VUCA’ world), companies know that they need to change. The research also indicated that in many cases companies know ‘what that change is’. And yet, in spite of all this, the ability to change seems beyond them. Why is this the case?
We believe that the reason is because there is an ‘enemy within’. There is internal ‘stuff’ that prevents, inhibits or nullifies the essential changes that you know are needed: changes that might well determine your future and whether or not you have one. Many organisations are incapable of the agility, nimbleness and speed that are all necessary DNA elements to thrive in a VUCA world.
King Code of Governance Principles (King III)
- Principle 2.3: The board should provide effective leadership
based on an ethical foundation
- Principle 2.4: The board should ensure that the company is
and is seen to be a responsible corporate citizen
Key Focus Areas
- Identifying deep seated internal obstacles hindering change and adaptation in your organisation
- Identifying the mind-sets, behaviours and skill-sets necessary for thriving in a ‘VUCA’ world.
- Providing clarity and motivation around building an organisational culture that is agile, nimble and responsive to the external challenges you are encountering.
- Assisting in shining a spotlight on those issues holding your organization hostage and limiting your success. Providing a blueprint for building the 21st Century organisation – the organisation of the future
1 Full day - 09h00 – 16h30
IoDSA Fellow: R2 933
IoDSA Members: R3 667
Non Members: R4 889