In association with:
This half day programme is aimed at equipping aspiring and new directors with the knowledge on the
importance of good governance. A company’s ethics strategy will be explored, there will also be a
focus on implementing ethical standards.
King Code of Governance principles (King III)
- Principle 1.1: The board should provide effective leadership based on an ethical foundation.
- Principle 2.13: The board should ensure that the company’s ethics are managed effectively.
Key focus areas
- The role of leadership in governing ethics performance
- Ethics governance structures
- Aspects of effective ethics management
- Ethics risk assessment
- Ethics strategy
- Codes and policies
- Internal and external ethics reporting
- Being ethical "when nobody is looking”
Half day: 09h00 - 12h30
|Prof. G.J. (Deon)
|Deon Rossouw is currently the CEO of the
Ethics Institute of South Africa and Extraordinary Professor in Philosophy at
the University of Pretoria. Deon Rossouw specializes in the field of Business
Ethics and the Ethics of Corporate Governance. His articles have been published
in leading international journals.
He was the Founding President of the
Business Ethics Network of Africa (BEN-Africa) and also served as President of
the International Society of Business, Economics and Ethics (ISBEE). He also
served as a member of the Research Team for the Second King Report on Corporate
Governance and is a member of the Sustainability Committee of the Third King
Report on Corporate Governance for South Africa.
||R 2 094
||R 2 512
||R 3 140
Includes: VAT, refreshments, lunch, course material
*For more than 8+ delegates