Course Dates: (click on date below to make a booking)
This full day programme is primarily designed for directors, managers and investment professionals including asset owners, asset managers as well as principal officers and retirement fund trustees i.e. all key role players in the investment value chain and responsible for and/or having oversight for the investment of other people’s money.
In addition all directors and officers from companies who interact with Institutional shareholders and investment professionals, will benefit from attendance.
This course will give a broad background and overview of the key issues around corporate governance, particularly covering the King III Report on Governance for South Africa (King III) and the Code for Responsible Investing in South Africa (CRISA), as well as cover trustees duties and responsibilities, specifically pertaining to their in respect of responsible investing.
The outcome of this course is for participants to gain a clear and holistic understanding of corporate governance and particularly the role of responsible investing and impact thereof on their roles within the value chain.
Key focus areas
- Corporate governance background, evolution, definitions and an international perspective.
- Key aspects emanating from King 111, including structures and the integrated stakeholder approach and introduction to ESG .
- Link to Companies Act
- Overview of background and development of CRISA
- Responsible investing as key enablers to good governance
- International perspective including the UK Stewardship Code and UN PRI Principles,
- Review of Crisa principles and the attendant value chain including the ICGN model mandate
- Brief highlights of the Pension funds Act: Definitions role players and governance structures including Boards and Principal Officers
- Regulation 28
- PF130 and impact on retirement Fund Governance
- Responsibilities, duties and liabilities of Trustees and attendant risk mitigation measures.
1 Full day - 08h30 - 16h00
||R 2 933
||R 3 667
|R 4 889
Includes: VAT, refreshments, lunch, course material