- Competence – through attaining the designation, you signal to the market place that you are a competent, professional director
- Confidence – being a CD(SA) provides you with confidence as a director, as well as providing your board and the organisation you serve with assurance of your ability and competence
- CPD – as CD(SA), you are required to participate in continuing professional development (CPD). This provides your board(s) and the organisations you serve with assurance that your competence is up-to-date and current.
- Code – subscribing to the CD(SA) Code of Conduct provides assurance that you are being held accountable for your practice as professional director. It also offers you as CD(SA), recourse should you be accused unfairly of misconduct.
- reCognition – the professional designation raises your profile as a professional director and sets you apart amongst your peers.