Terms & Conditions for the Being a Director Package Deal
|Part 1 - Introduction to corporate governance
|Part 2 - Board's role in risk & strategy
This one day programme is aimed at equipping aspiring and new directors with an overview of the principles and concepts underpinning corporate governance. Discussions are focused on the importance of corporate governance in South African businesses, the frameworks and models that can be used to implement the practices and the duties and responsibilities of directors in executing sound governance practice.
Key focus areas
Overview and evolution of corporate governance
The business case for corporate governance
Discussion of governance frameworks and models
Individual directors duties
Key corporate governance role players
This one day programme is aimed at equipping aspiring and new directors with insight into the board’s role in risk and strategy. Discussion focuses on the risk that board’s need to understand and manage. It also looks at different business strategy models that can be used in strategic development and alignment of performance to strategies and risks within that business.
Key focus areas
The board’s role in risk
- What is risk and what is the board’s role?
- Understanding the difference between risk governance and risk management
- Risk management process including risk assessment, response, monitoring, assurance and reporting
The board’s role in strategy
- Is the business model still relevant and in line with the business strategy?
- What is strategy and what is the board’s role?
- Strategic process
- Building blocks of strategy
- Competitive advantage
- Key drivers to strategy
- Trends to consider (environmental scan)
- Linking strategy to performance
|Part 3 - Board's role in performance & sustainability, integrated reporting & combined assurance
||Part 4 - Increasing board effectiveness and adding value
This one day programme is aimed at equipping aspiring and new directors with an overview of the Board’s role in performance and sustainability. Integrated reporting and combined assurance will be highlighted throughout the session. Discussion will also include improved interaction between management and the board.
Key Focus Areas
Boards role in performance and sustainability
- What is sustainability and what is the boards’ role?
- How performance is evaluated – financial and non-financial?
- The business case for sustainability, best practice
- Corporate citizenship
- The role of the social and ethics committee
- Stakeholder relations
- Integrated reporting
- What is integrated reporting and what is the board’s role?
- Management supporting the board
- Interaction between management and board
- Reporting requirements
This one day programme is aimed at equipping aspiring and new directors with the knowledge of how effective boards should operate. The focus will be on the role that board should play and how to effectively achieve results that have been set.
Key Focus Areas
An effective board
- Board governance frameworks-charters, codes, policies
- What are the questions board should be asking themselves?
The role of the board of directors
- The board as agent
- Managing vs directing Governance duties – King III principles
Director selection and removal
- The process for director selection & The importance of succession planning
- Balance on the board
- Directors remuneration
- Coordinating the roles and responsibilities of board committees
- The requirements, benefits and process for doing board appraisals
- Acton items from results of board appraisals
Four full days: 09h00 - 16h00
Presentation fees per package - Discounted by 15%
R 12 131
R 14 557
R 18 196
Includes: VAT, refreshments, lunch, course material
*For more than 8+ delegates