This one day programme is aimed at equipping aspiring and new directors with an overview of the Board’s role in performance and sustainability. Integrated reporting and combined assurance will be highlighted throughout the session. Discussion will also include improved interaction between management and the board.
King Code of Governance principles (King III)
2.2: The board should appreciate that strategy, risk, performance and
2.10: The board should ensure that there is an effective risk-based
2.11: The board should appreciate that stakeholders’ perception affect the
2.12: The board should ensure the integrity of the company's integrated
2.13: The board should report on the effectiveness of the company's system
of internal controls.
Key focus areas
Boards role in performance and sustainability
- What is sustainability and what is the boards role?
- How performance is evaluated – financial and non-financial?
- The business case for sustainability, best practice
- Corporate citizenship
- The role of the social and ethics committee
- Stakeholder relations
- Integrated reporting
- What is integrated reporting and what is the board’s role?
supporting the board
between management and board
One Full day: 08h30 - 16h00
||R 3 488
||R 4 185
||R 5 231
Includes: VAT, refreshments, lunch, course material
*For more than 8+ delegates