This one day programme is aimed at equipping aspiring and new directors with insight into the board’s role in risk and strategy. Discussion focuses on the risk that board’s need to understand and manager. It also looks at different business strategies, models that can be used in strategic development and alignment of performance to strategies and risks within that business.
Key focus areas
The Board’s role in risk
- What is risk and what is the Board’s role?
- Understanding the difference between risk governance and risk management
- Risk management process including risk assessment, response, monitoring, assurance and reporting
The Board’s role in strategy
- Is the business model still relevant and in line with the business strategy?
- What is strategy and what is the Board’s role?
- Strategic process
- Building blocks of strategy
- Competitive advantage
- Key drivers to strategy
- Trends to consider (environmental scan)
- Linking strategy to performance
One Full day: 09h00 - 16h00
||R 3 662
||R 4 394
||R 5 493
Includes: VAT, refreshments, lunch, course material
*For more than 8+ delegates