2017/02/14 to 2017/06/05
14 Feb, 03 Apr, 23 May, 05 Jun 2017_Durban_FULLY BOOKED
Registration starts at 08h30 and course starts promptly at 09h00
Map this event »
Durban Country Club
Masabalala Yengwe Ave
Durban, Kwazulu-Natal 4000
011 035 3035
Online registration is closed.
« Go to Upcoming Event List
Terms & Conditions for the Being a Director Package Deal
- The package deal is a 4 (four) day Being a Director Part 1-4 programme.
- The 4 (four) dates allocated for the package deal are non-negotiable, non-alterable and may not be substituted for alternative dates.
- In the event that a delegate is unable to attend on any of the 4 (four) dates, such delegate shall forfeit that day’s attendance and no refund or alternatives are available in any manner whatsoever.
- The package deal may be transferable and in the event the delegate is unable to attend any day of the 4 (four) days, 48 (forty eight) hours written notice is required of the person attending in the delegate’s place.
- In order to cancel the 4 (four) dates, written cancellation will need to be given to the IoDSA 7 (seven) full working days prior to the first date of the 4 (four) days in the package deal.
Part 1 - An introduction to corporate governance
Part 2 - The governing body’s role in ethics, strategy &
performance and integrated reporting
This one day programme is aimed at equipping aspiring and new governing body members with an overview of the principles and concepts underpinning corporate governance.
Key focus areas
Overview and evolution of corporate governance
Corporate Governance and Ethics
The business case for corporate governance
- Governance frameworks
·Governing body members and their duties
Other key governance role players
This one day programme is aimed at equipping aspiring and new governing body members with an understanding of their role in Ethics, Strategy & Performance and Integrated Reporting.
Key focus areas
Leadership, ethics and corporate citizenship
- Stakeholder inclusivity
Strategy and Performance
Considerations, drivers and process
Link to sustainable development
Business case for sustainability
Engagement on and implementation of strategy
Link to sustainability reporting and GRI reporting
Benefits of <IR>
- Capitals and value creation
Part 3 - The governing body’s role in risk, compliance
technology & information and assurance
|Part 4 - Increasing governing body effectiveness and |
This one day programme is aimed at equipping aspiring and new governing body members with an understanding of their role in Risk, Compliance, Technology & Information and Assurance.
Key Focus Areas
Understanding the board’s role in Risk
Risk appetite and tolerance
Risk role players
Evolution of risk
Risk management process
Understanding the board’s role in Compliance
Technology & information
Understanding the board’s role in Technology & Information
Understanding the board’s role in Assurance
This one day programme is aimed at equipping aspiring and new governing body members with the knowledge of how effective governing bodies should operate.
Key Focus Areas
Four full days - 09h00 - 16h00
Programme Fees - Discounted by 15%
R 15 284
R 19 105
R 12 736
Includes: VAT, Course Material, Refreshments & Lunch