16 August 2016_CPT_CANCELLED
Registration starts from 08h30-09h00. Programme starts promptly at 09h00
Belmont Square Conference Centre
22 Belmont Raod Rondebosch
Cape Town, Western Cape 7700, Western Cape 7700
011 035 3000
Online registration is closed.
« Go to Upcoming Event List
challenges facing South African Directors
16 August - Cape Town
This half day programme
will be split into 2 sessions:
governance lapse, courageous leadership or just business as usual? The first 2
hour session will be a presentation aimed at providing delegates with a high
level update on some of the current challenges or trends affecting
The presentation will be
followed by a 3 hour group mentoring session which is facilitated by a *COMENSA credentialed
coach, Julie Stacey. The mentoring circles offer new or future directors (the
mentees) feedback and guidance from seasoned directors (the mentors), on the
personal and social competencies outlined in the Director Competency Framework.
Snap Shot Session
- Recent South African case studies highlighting
pertinent governance issues
- Analysis of related events and responses from the board
- Reflection on the learning's can be taken from these
- Discussion on the cause of these events - Is it
governance or something else?
Group Mentoring Session (3 hours):
actual individual challenges to be mentored will be raised during the mentoring
circle. The following are intended to serve as thought-starters only:
- What helps Directors to be courageous?
- What impedes the expression of courage
when it is needed?
- What is put at risk – personally and
organisationally - when Directors are courageous?
- How do Directors get support in being
- How do Directors determine when to
speak up or not?
- What are the qualities of a courageous
- Should courageous leadership be
rewarded by companies?
Half day: 09h00 – 14h30
IoDSA Fellow: R 2 094
IoDSA Members: R 2
Non Members: R 3 140