15 June 2016_DBN_CANCELLED
Registration starts at 08h30 and course starts promptly at 09h00
Durban Country Club
Masabalala Yengwe Road
Durban, Kwazulu-Natal 4000
011 355 3000
Online registration is closed.
« Go to Upcoming Event List
An overview of the ACE model ™ and how it enables members to participate effectively
Audit Committee members and Non-executive Directors who wish to develop, enhance or sharpen their effectiveness in Audit Committees and other
Governance structures that they serve on.
This one day course will introduce delegates to the ACE Model which cover 4 phases that facilitate effectiveness of Audit Committee members.
Delegates who attend this One day course and apply the ACE Model will achieve optimal effectiveness and apply best practice as Audit Committee
members, thus contributing to greater governance.
The King Code of Governance Principles for South Africa (King III)
- Principle 3.1: The board should ensure that the company has an effective and independent audit committee.
- Principle 3.2: Audit committee members should be suitably skilled and experienced independent non-executive directors.
- Principle 3.3: The audit committee should be chaired by an independent non-executive director.
- Principle 3.4: The audit committee should oversee integrated reporting.
- Principle 3.5: The audit committee should ensure that a combined assurance model is applied to provide a coordinated approach to all assurance
- Principle 3.6: The audit committee should satisfy itself of the expertise, resources and experience of the company’s finance function.
- Principle 3.7: The audit committee should be responsible for overseeing of internal audit.
- Principle 3.8: The audit committee should be an integral component of the risk management process.
- Principle 3.9: The audit committee is responsible for recommending the appointment of the external auditor and overseeing the external audit
- Principle 3.10:The audit committee should report to the board and shareholders on how it has discharged its duties.
Key Focus Areas
The one day programme provides a broad overview of the ACE model ™ and includes insights into:
- Knowledge – the responsibilities the audit committee member has in terms of his or her fiduciary role and the unpacking of the insights related to
the business, the industry, up to date trends and thorough preparation.
- Participation – the process that an audit committee member needs to embrace in order to ensure effective participation.
- Monitoring – an overview of the different responsibilities that the Audit Committee has in terms of external and internal auditors, risk
management and the compliance function.
- Impact measurement – the different tools and insights that are key in enabling the audit committee member to measure impact of the business in
terms of stakeholders, the business, value add, combined assurance and greater governance.
One Full Day: 09h00 - 16h00
||R 3 488
||R 4 185
||R 5 231
Includes: VAT, Course Material, Refreshments & Lunch