Board's Role in Performance & Sustainability, Integrated Reporting & Combined Assurance
18 November 2015
Registration starts at 08h30 and course starts promptly at 09h00
IoDSA Training Room
144 Katherine Street, Sandown, Sandton
Grayston Ridge Office Park, Block B, 1st Floor
Johannesburg, Gauteng 2196
Online registration is closed.
« Go to Upcoming Event List
This one day programme is aimed at equipping aspiring and new directors with an overview of the Board’s role in performance and sustainability. Integrated reporting and combined assurance will be highlighted throughout the session. Discussion will also include improved interaction between management and the board.
King Code of Governance Principles (King III)
- Principle 2.2: The board should appreciate that strategy, risk, performance and sustainability are
- Principle 2.10: The board should ensure that there is an effective risk-based internal audit
- Principle 2.11: The board should appreciate that stakeholders’ perception affect the company's reputation
- Principle 2.12: The board should ensure the integrity of the company's integrated report.
- Principle 2.13: The board should report on the effectiveness of the company's system of internal controls.
Key Focus Areas
Boards role in performance and sustainability
- What is sustainability and what is the boards’ role?
- How performance is evaluated – financial and non-financial?
- The business case for sustainability, best practice
- Corporate citizenship
- The role of the social and ethics committee
- Stakeholder relations
- Integrated reporting
- What is integrated reporting and what is the board’s role?
- Management supporting the board
- Interaction between management and board
- Reporting requirements
1 Full day - 09h00 - 16h00
IoDSA Fellow: R2 933
IoDSA Members: R3 667
Non Members: R4 889