The Certified Director (Cert.Dir.) is a professional designation conferred by the Institute of Directors in Southern Africa (IoDSA).
The designation is awarded to individuals who have successfully completed the training, online multiple choice questions (MCQs) and written assessment. The entire programme is aligned to the knowledge components of the IoDSA’s Director Competency Framework™.
An individual wanting to attain this designation does not need to have any experience as a director.
Why should you apply for Certified Director?
- Elevate your career to the highest level
- Demonstrate mastery of knowledge, skills and experience
- Show your commitment to on-going professional development
- Demonstrate your integrity and commitment to moral and legal duties
- Uphold standards of sound governance in South Africa
What do you need to qualify for Certified Director?
- Full IoDSA membership
- At least 30 years of age
- Recommendation by a proposer and seconder respectively
- An NQF 7 qualification or equivalent
- At least 3 years practising as a company director
View more requirements
How can you apply?
- Complete the online application
- Include two recommendation letters in your application. These should preferably be written by IoDSA members, but this is not a requirement. The letters should make reference to the following:
– Your experience as a director
– Your suitability for the CD(SA) designation
- Submit with your application fee and relevant documents